To enable the canned responses lab
- In Gmail, click and select Settings.
- Select the Labs tab.
- Scroll to the canned responses lab and click Enable.
- At the bottom, click .
To work with canned responses
- Click in the formatting toolbar of your compose window and select canned responses.
- Send a canned response: Choose a saved response to insert in your email, then click Send.
- Save a response: After composing your message, click New canned response and name your response. You can also overwrite previously saved responses by clicking that response’s name under Save.
- Delete a saved response: Click the response you want to delete.
To automate canned responses
- In the Gmail search box, click .
- Enter your search criteria, then click Create filter with this search.
- Check the Send canned response box and select one of your saved canned responses.
- Click .