To create a filter view
- In Google Sheets, open the spreadsheet where you want to create a filter view.
- Click a cell that has data.
- Select Data > Filter views > Create new filter view.
- Click a drop-down list in a column header and select the data you want to filter. Your filter view is saved as you make changes.
- (Optional) Search for data by entering text in the search box.
- After you select the data to filter, click .
- Repeat steps 4–6 for each column you need to filter.
- In the Name box, enter a name for your filter view. If you don’t enter a name, the filter view is saved as Filter number, where number corresponds to the number of filters you’ve created.
Your saved filter view now appears in Data > Filter views. Filter views have dark gray highlights in the column and row headers.