What exactly happens when you turn off Conversation view?
- Gmail reloads your Inbox and displays all messages in the unthreaded, message-based view, sorted in reverse chronological order. Based on the number of previously threaded messages you had, you’ll typically notice more messages listed in your Inbox.
- Replies to messages you sent display as separate entries in your Inbox.
- When you reply to a message, the message is sent to the recipient and to your Sent Mail label. It’s not linked to the original message.
- When viewing messages others have replied to, you’ll see the entire contents of all replies in the body of the email.
- To find messages previously linked together based on a particular subject, search for the messages based on the subject or keywords contained within the subject.
- Unthreaded view has no effect on any chats listed in your Inbox.