There are four ways to add a new, blank slide to your presentation:
- At the top left, click Add .
- At the top, click Slide New slide.
- Right click in the slide filmstrip and select 'New slide.'
- Use the Ctrl + m keyboard shortcut.
By default, the new slide will have a 'Title and Body' layout. Learn how to change the theme or layout.
There are two ways to duplicate an existing slide in your presentation:
- At the top, click Slide Duplicate slide.
- From the list of slides on the left, right-click the slide you want to duplicate, and select 'Duplicate slide.'
To duplicate multiple slides:
- Hold the Shift key and select the slides you'd like to duplicate.
- Right click one of slides.
- Click Duplicate slide.
There are three ways to delete a slide in a presentation:
- At the top, click Slide Delete slide.
- From the list of slides on the left, right click the slide you'd like to delete and click Delete slide.
- From the list of slides on the left, click the slide you'd like to delete and press Delete on your keyboard.
If you want to change the order of slides in a presentation:
- Open a presentation in Google Slides.
- Click the slide you’d like to move. You can also choose to move several slides:
- Select several slides in a row: Press the Shift key and click the last slide in the row.
- Select slides that aren’t in a row: Press and hold the Ctrl key (Cmd on a Mac) and click the slides you want to move.
- Drag-and-drop the slides to a new position in the list of slides on the left. You can also go to the Slide menu and choose from the following options:
- Move slide up
- Move slide down
- Move slide to beginning
- Move slide to end
If you want to add numbers to your slides in a presentation:
- Open a presentation. If you want only certain slides to have numbers, select those slides.
- Click the Insert Slide numbers.
- Click Apply to add numbers to the whole presentation or Apply to selected to add numbers to slides you have selected.
- To turn off slide numbers, open the slide numbers window again and toggle On to Off.
If you don’t want your title slide to be numbered, you can also check the box next to "Skip title slides" when adding slide numbers.